Overview and Benefits of the program

Canada is a progressive, warm and welcoming nation. Canada is a multicultural society with two official languages—and we’re proud of our diversity. Canada consistently ranks among the top 10 countries in the United Nations Quality of Life Index since 2004. In fact, right now, Canada is ranked #1 among all nations.

SDS (Student Direct Stream)

You can apply if you’re a legal resident in:


  1. China
  2. India
  3. The Philippines
  4. Vietnam


To qualify, you must:


  1. Have been accepted by a designated learning institution
  2. Demonstrate the required English or French language abilities
  3. Provide evidence of sufficient financial support for the duration of your studies
  4. Provide evidence that you have had a medical examination before submitting your application

Regular Study Permit application

Those students, who are not qualified to apply under SDS program may qualify for regular study permit depending upon their credentials.

In addition to providing an acceptance letter from a DLI, you must demonstrate to the officer that you:


  1. Will leave Canada at the end of your studies;
  2. Have satisfactory proof of financial support:
  3. If the duration of your studies in Canada will be less than a year, proof of financial support for the duration of your studies in Canada.
  4. If the duration of your studies in Canada will be more than a year, proof of financial support for the first year of your studies in Canada.
  5. Are law-abiding and have no record of criminal activity (you may be asked to provide a Police Clearance Certificate);
  6. Will not be a risk to the security of Canada;
  7. Are in good health;
  8. Will produce additional documents requested by the officer to establish your admissibility

Work while studying

During regular school semesters, student may work up to 20 hours

During scheduled breaks in your school year, like during winter and summer holidays:


  1. Student can work full-time
  2. Student can’t work during a break that comes before you start your very first school semester


Open work permit for spouse of International students

Your spouse or common-law partner may apply for an open work permit if you have a valid study permit or if you are a full-time student at a:


  1. Public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec
  2. Private college-level school in Quebec or
  3. Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters or Doctorate degree)

Work Permit after finishing studies

Learn about how the process works

Receive a call back

Complete the form below. A member from our team will contact you within 48 hours.

Submitting Form...

The server encountered an error.

Form received.

How the process works?

You Inquire from our front desk, via call, or our website

We assign you a dedicated consultant

You share required information for Immigration

Our Immigration experts evaluate you application for free

You get free counseling from our experts and decide on final option

Begin the process with KJ Toronto Immigration

Back to all Study & Visit Visa categories


Find the best solution for you


Turning Dreams into Reality




ICCRC Registered Immigration Consultancy

© 2019 . KJTorontoImmigration . All Rights Reserved